## Basic introduction
## Classification of IBS
## Complications of IBS
## Causes of IBS
## Factors that are known to trigger IBS
Peak prevalence age is 20-30yrs
_Stool microscopy and culture
_Full Blood Count (FBC)
_Endoscopy and biopsies
_Hydrogen breath testing
1.Kenyan Ministry of Health. Clinical guidelines for management and referral of common conditions at levels 4-6. Hospitals. 2009; 3:259-261.http://apps.who.int/medicinedocs/documents/s21000en/s21000en.pdf
2. Barrett JS; Extending our knowledge of fermentable, short-chain carbohydrates for managing gastrointestinal symptoms. Nutr Clin Pract. 2013 Jun;28 (3):300-6.
3. Ministry of Health, Kenya. Kenya Essential Medicine List (2016). http://publications.universalhealth2030.org/uploads/KEML-2016Final-1.pdf
4. Definition and Facts for Irritable Bowel Syndrome". NIDDKD. 23 February 2015. Retrieved 29 March 2016
5. Talley NJ (2006). "Irritable bowel syndrome". Intern Med J. 36 (11): 724–8.
6. Lule GN, Amayo EO. Irritable bowel syndrome in Kenyans. East Afr Med J. 2002 Jul;79(7):360-3.
## High FODMAPs diet (NOT recommended for IBS patient)
## Low FODMAPs diet (Recommended for IBS patient)