Poisoning – Acid and alkali (Mineral)
- This is mainly due to accidental ingestiong in children and suicidal ingestion in adults.
- Pain in the oral cavity, pharynx and epigastric area.
- Laryngeal edema
- Laryngeal obstruction
- Oesophageal perforation.
- Oesophageal stenosis with time.
- Clinical and history.
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Liberal water or milk orally if possible
- Avoid alkalis in case of acid ingestion and acids in case of alkali ingestion, induced vomiting, gastric lavage and charcoal
- Analgesic injection to relief the pain
- Surgical intervention