- If the gestation is over 12 weeks administer - Tabs Misoprostol 600mcg STAT or 400mcg sublingually or 400mcg per vaginum (PV). If evacuation is incomplete progress to MVA.
- If the gestation is less than 12 weeks administer evacuate uterus by manual vacuum aspiration (MVA). This is done under paracervical block where 2.5ml of 1% Lignocaine is injected in areas at 2, 4, 8 and 10 o’clock positions avoiding intravascular injection. OR
- Where the less invasive MVA is not available Sharp curettage (SC or D & C) is done.
- If DIC is suspected blood or frozen plasma is administered.
##To treat or prevent infections and manage pain, administer;
- Caps Doxycycline 100mg BD x 1/52
- Tabs Metronidazole 400mg TID x 1/52
- Tabs Ibuprofen 400mg TID x 5/7